Private High School - Interview Strategy and Practice
Structured practice can breathe vitality into your child’s candidacy and solidify their acceptance
Most applicants of top high schools look good on paper – the challenge is to translate those impressive statistics into poise, presence and confidence in the interview. Your child may be an expert in texting, emojis, and cool pictures, but does your child have what it takes in the 1:1 admissions interview?
- Summarized talking points of the personal and academic aspects of your child’s background to cover within the interview
- Defensive coverage of how to respond to and initiate discussion of blemishes including inconsistent academic performance and poor test scores
- Active drafting of responses to critical themes of the interview process including:
- Reasons for wanting to attend/transfer
- Desires for a specific school
- Desired impact on campus
- Goals in the short-term and long-term
- Examples of leadership
- Detailed training on how to review and analyze the application materials including essays, recommendation letters, data portion of the application in order to maximize interview performance
- Mock Interview conducted by former alumni or student interview which mirrors the conditions and questions/themes given to actual candidates
- Presence: feedback on physical presence, eye contact, and any bad habits with a taped interview and feedback session
The interview is your child’s last opportunity to make an impression on the admissions committee and can be the determining factor in their admissions decision.
Recommended Service Offerings
Learn more about how we can help you. Visit the individual service offering pages below.